Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Unemployed Losing Inner Strength

"All the strength you need
to achieve anything
is within you.”
Sara Henderson

Do you sometimes feel all your strength has left your body and you are just existing? Welcome to the world of the unemployed!

I assure you all your inner strength has not gone away. It is just relaxing until you start moving again.

Today was one of those days for me. I woke up to a very humid and foggy morning. Meeting my neighbor for our daily walk was like knocking down a brick wall. A miracle happened and I was able to meet her.

We walked our usual route even though I was lagging behind. Sorry to say I did not feel better when we finished.

Fighting the feelings for awhile I finally gave up and accepted them. I walked into the house and instead of turning on the computer I sat in a chair and read a book. While reading the book, a miracle happened and my energy slowly returned.

What this lesson taught me, we need time to relax instead of driving ourselves constantly.

Some days are harder than others and being kind to ourselves is the best medicine. It has been proven when we take time away from our concerns and worries, just relaxing for awhile renews our strength and creativity. The key to this mind shift is giving yourself permission to walk away and forget for a few moments what is happening in your life.

Do you remember when you are on vacation, your concerns and worries start to disappear and how relaxed you feel? This is your mini-vacation to renew your energy.

Let’s play a little game and take Time for YOU Today. Be aware of your feelings and what opportunities start to occur.

Please share your experiences with the Circle of Inspiration Community. Together we are not alone and support each other in finding our inner strength.

Helen

No comments: