Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cloud Nine Thoughts

“Change your thoughts and you change your world.”
Norman Vincent Peale

As you are reading the article below think about what makes you happy and sharing your ideas with all of us in the Love Yourself – It Matters! Community. Together we will bring a smile to everyone’s face. It is easy; all you have to do is leave your ideas in the Comment Section below.

Norman Vincent Peale's short message holds the key to happiness. Thinking about what beauty you see and your experiences each day changes your perspective on life.

When we were little we were told that looking at life through Rose Colored Glasses, was not acceptable and we should focus on what was really happening. I now look at that advice as pure garbage.

Why should we be worrying all the time? I rather focus on the opportunities and miracles instead of concentrating or worrying about my challenges.

Following are some Cloud Nine Thoughts and as you are reading them spend time thinking about what other thoughts make you happy. Let’s create a list that will put a smile on our faces.

1. Receiving an email from a friend thanking you for your friendship.
2. Laughing so hard you have to sit down.
3. Having a cup of coffee or tea at an outside café.
4. A hot shower
5. Driving in the car, hearing your favorite song on the radio and singing along.
6. Watching a baby laugh.
7. No lines at the supermarket.
8. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
9. Watching a movie in bed.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Playing Power Rangers with your grandson or Barbie with your granddaughter.
12. Seeing a Broadway Play with someone special.
13. Eating at a special restaurant.
14. Giggling with a friend.
15. Finding money in your pocket.
16. Laughing for absolutely no reason.
17. Smiling at yourself in the mirror.
18. Loving yourself.
19. Holding hands with someone you care about.
20. Watching the expression on someone’s face as they open a present they always wanted.
21. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
22. Hugging someone you really care about.
23. Knowing you had done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

Now it is your turn to add your thoughts. Let's make this the biggest cloud nine list ever. List the things that make you happy. It is easy just click on the Comment Section below. I can’t wait to read them. Helen

13 comments:

naturelover said...

Thank you for the list. Here's my contribution.

(1) The sweet fragrance of rains.
(2) Beautiful little water droplets on leaves
(3) Lush green grass
(4) Children screaming with joy
(5) My morning breakfast
(6) A scoop of my favourite ice cream
(7)M aking my friends smile and letting them know that someone cares about them
(8) Talking wih my family
(9) Knowing that you're doing your best you can
(10) A good night's sleep
(11) Thoughts of meeting my girlfriend
(12) Reading my favourite books
(13) Cleaning my room and desk
(14) Travelling in a train
(15) Window shopping
(16) Listening to my favourite songs
(17) Knowing that no matter what happens, what others think of me, I'll always be a good person and love myself
(18)Watching sitcoms
(19) Meeting new people
(20)Surfing internet

Wow, I can keep on writing here. So many things make me happy. Then why do I waste time in worrying and being anxious? It's just a bad habbit. I can change it. I want to focus on the good things in my life. I accept life just as it is. This is truly a wonderful exercise.

Thanks again for making me write this.

Helen Burton said...

Thank you so very much for leaving your Happiness List. I really enjoyed reading it. Enjoy living on Cloud NIne. Thanks Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen - A nice post! Here are a few contributions:
To be out in nature, tending the garden.
Watching the birds and squirrels there.
Realizing that worrying serves no purpose: that I don't have to do it ever again.
Simply allowing myself to be.
Suddenly catching sight of my wife across the room.
Realizing that underlying all the turmoil of the world, there is love.

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I left a response which may interest you!

Helen Burton said...

Hi Simon:

Thank you for sharing your list of things that make you happy. They sound relaxing and exciting. Thanks Helen

Anonymous said...

going for a bike ride
going for a run
going for a swim
doing all three on the same day
(I just crack myself up lol)
haning out with my mom on a nothing to do day..
watching my son enjoy him self
when my husband is in a good mood
watching my dog happly lay in the son.
my job and what I do
my morning cup of coffee
going to my morning meeting
My bannana peanut butter soy milk shake.
looking at my e-mails. getting an e-mail from a friend.
visiting my dads grave
good night sleep
eating an oreo cookie
pocket book shoping
seeing my uncle fred
seeing my niece and nephews
knowing my sister is finaly happy
a good book
having nothing to do
winning a race
finishing a race
training with Gina
Wtching my dog swim
being held by my husband
holding my sons hand(when he lets me)
going away on vacation

Have to stop my self or I will be here all day. That was fun. Thanks mom!

Helen Burton said...

Hi Mindi:

Thanks for your Happy List. I really enjoyed reading it. I also love spending time with my family.
Love you Mom

Pat Pozarek said...

I can join you all on cloud nine when I:
- Allow a piece of chocolate to melt in my mouth
- Find out the next day that my weight didn't go up
- Have my whole family around me on our annual reunion
- Watch my grandchildren splash in the lake
- Sink a putt
- See a robin take a looong bath in our birdbath
- Catch sight of wildlife on an evening hike along the river---So far this summer we've seen a fox, an owl, a swimming snake, several hawks, many deer and myriad rabbits
- Talk with my friends and family
- Enjoy my yoga practice
- Feel that good ache in my muscles from stretching them
- Dance as if no one is watching

I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Thanks, Helen, for inspiring these thoughts.

Helen Burton said...

Hi Pat:

Thank you so very much for joining us on cloud nine and sharing what makes you happy. I had a smile on my face as I was reading your list. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen - I'd say lots of things on the other lists!

For me at the moment I'd add the pleasure my partner and I are getting from really helping various people out - it's a natural extension of what we are doing anyway, and it is very satisfying. (I would not always advocate helping other people as a way to make you happy).

Cheers - Robin

Helen Burton said...

Hi Robin:

Thanks for checking-in. I agree others can not make us happy. On the other hand, if we help others without looking for something in return it becomes a special gift. Helen

Anonymous said...

I think reading other peoples cloud nine list is as much fun as writing one
Mindi

Helen Burton said...

Hi Mindi:

I agree isn't it fun reading other people's happy list and getting ideas. Mom

Anonymous said...

Sleeping in on a Saturday morning...:)