Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dancing for the Unemployed

“If you can walk
You can dance.
If you can talk
You can sing.”

Zimbabwean Proverb

Okay, is everyone ready to have a little fun?

Here we go:
• Blast music from your iPOD or radio, etc.
• Put that smile on your face.
• Dance around your house.

No excuses, just let yourself go and have a good time!

Is your energy pumping and do you feel alive?

Now it is time to take some water and relax.

Every once and awhile we need to just have fun. Everyday is filled with looking for a job or just sitting around and worrying. You deserve time off to forget for a short time and have some fun.

In January of 2008, my husband had a massive heart attack and past away. At first I was in denial and waiting for him to come home from a business trip. As time went on realization set in and I felt guilty when having a good time.

One day writing on my blog, I realized I was hurting myself by feeling guilty about having a good time. What would be accomplished?

With this realization I put on some music and started to dance around the house. Instantly, I felt better and started to view life in a different way.

Even though your circumstances are different it is up to you to change your thinking. We are human beings and have a special gift to instantly change our behaviors.

Let's start by taking small steps

Remember...Monday was Smile Day. What experiences did you have while smiling and having contact with different people you met?

Tuesday is Dance Day. Your job is to spend time dancing today and having fun.

Let’s make a promise to each other we will take time each day to lighten our world by practicing smiling on Monday and dancing on Tuesday.

I am look forward to hearing about your new attitude that emerged while you were dancing around your house.

Helen

No comments: