Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Successful Business Strategies for Coaches

“A dream is in the mind of the believer,
and in the hands of the doer.
You are not given a dream,
without being given the power
to make it come true.”

Anonymous

We all have a dream our business will take off as soon as we make the decision to become business owners. What happened??

Sometimes thinking if only I knew what a long road it took to become a successful business owner would I have taken that leap. The answer is a loud, “YES.”

I had a dream and driving force in me to make it happen. To be honest I sometimes struggled and wanted to give up. Then within a very short period of time my thinking changed and I was back on the road marketing the Love Yourself programs.

We are at the end of 2009 and looking forward to 2010. Before we turn the page let’s think about all the great strides we made this year.

Below is a little exercise that will help you uncover the strides you made and new techniques to implement.
• List all the new marketing techniques you implemented in 2009. Example: When first meeting someone I ask about them instead of telling them I am a coach. It is amazing during the conversation they always ask, "What type of business do you have?" At that point I simply mention I am a business coach and have them ask me questions.
• Review the list of techniques deciding what worked and you need to change. Example: I was working with the Unemployed and found it was not a profitable income stream. Made a decision not to focus on the Unemployed Niche.
• Brainstorm and list new ideas. Example: This year I will offer to write an article for a gym or Spa’s Newsletter.
• Create a marketing plan including new and old techniques with accountable dates.
• Become active in the Love Yourself – It Matters Community by leaving comments and asking questions.

Be creative this is your pilot program and it will give you the opportunity to be more pro-active in your business. Working together we can support each other in growing successful businesses.

Remember…Rome was not built in a day and by taking small steps your dream will come true.

Enjoy the holiday season and continue creating happy memories.

Helen

No comments: